How are Snoring and OSA Diagnosed ?
- First the doctor must determine if your snoring is a sign that you have OSA.
- If your doctor is a sleep specialist they will be able to provide you with a complete sleep evaluation.
- You may have to do a over night sleep study at a sleep center or a home sleep apnea test.
- Then the doctor will interpret the data from your sleep study to make a diagnosis.
Is Treating OSA Important ?
- Treating OSA is incredibly important to your health.
- If left untreated, OSA often causes excessive daytime sleepiness or fatigue, as well as morning headaches & memory loss.
- OSA is a threat to your safety as it increases your risk of drowsy driving & workplace accidents.
How are Snoring and OSA Treated ?
Your sleep doctor will discuss treatment options with you. These options include positive airway pressure (PAP) theraphy, oral appliance therapy and surgery.
Talk to your doctor about treatment options for snoring and OSA. Ask if oral appliance therapy might be the right solution for you.
Get help today to improve your sleep and your health !